13 May 2009

A few points

I would like to take this opportunity to talk about how RIDICULOUS it is that American Idol tries to "give back" by sending American celebrities to "Africa-" not even a country, but a whole continent. It's about as brilliant as a Senegalese asking me if I knew their cousin that lived in New York since I was from America. And what do they do with all this money? get a 12 year old to dance on their stage and hand out mosquito nets. Unbelievable.

Also, regarding my last post, Barak never actually said that I wasn't nurturing, and didn't call corrie's blog stupid or anything... But he did just ask me why I would even blog, like it was a waste of time. (maybe he didn't say it exaaaactly that way, but that's what I felt like he said. So that makes it real, right?)

Ok, because checking ESPN.com six times a day isn't a waste of time...

BTW, we have a topsy turvy and it is doing marvelous. I totally underestimated it. Barak is the master gardener.

2 comments:

  1. i know! i was watching American Idol last night when Carrie Underwood made her stellar appearance handing out mosquito nets. I sort of thought the cowgirl boots were a little weird considering it's 207 degrees there and SANDY. Gotta keep up the image - that's what it's all about. Anyway, just an observation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? boots and tight jeans are NOT a practical or even comfortable choice in Africa. any part of it.

    ReplyDelete