10 May 2009

charlie and marley


Barak has been dominating the cul-de-sac with his keen Dog Whisperer skills for the past few weeks. Our neighbor's dog Marley, a mastif/boxer mix, was deemed impossible by everyone until... my husband tamed that wild beast!
Now, we take Marley for a walk everyday. It's made me actually want a dog of my own.
My childhood gave me a certain realistic view of pets. We never added Bingo and Oreo to our list of siblings or bought Shadows toys for Christmas. For the most part, animals stayed outside and were tolerated. Barak's family was like the other 95% of Americans who have childhood family stories steeped in memories of their pets. I think the only reason we haven't had pets before now is because Barak was afraid I wouldn't have the nurturing skills towards the animal, excuse me, pet that would be "needed."
So, here's a picture of what might be our newest edition. He's only 2 weeks old in this picture, just a couple of days after opening his eyes... If we get him, he'll come join us in about 4 weeks. We're thinking about calling him Charlie.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! A new puppy - it will be so much fun! Charlie is such a great name too...but please don't send me Christmas cards with only his picture on them. I will have to hurl and throw a book at you. It's probably okay to send one with you two plus him, but i'm just sayin.

    corrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. for the record

    i never said carrie lacks nurturing skills

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't care if you're nurturing or if you're not, that puppy is WAY CUTE! :-) Carrie, check out my post today. I gave you an award.

    ReplyDelete