12 November 2011

in about a month...

This month, we've had a lot of changes in the West house. Barak turned 30 yesterday, a day that we will remember for a long time. We celebrated by getting him a brand new grill. It's a charcoal Weber that can fit at least 3 whole chickens (we've tried it out), and then spent an evening in Charlotte. Uncle Jesse and Aunt "Licia" watched Laney for us while we went to an incredible restaurant to enjoy super fresh Alaskan King Crab legs, and some type Nantucket scallops creation. Dressing up is always fun, and a night to ourselves is priceless.

Also, I just want the three people that read this to know that I really do love Barak more than anything. He's challenged me to become a stronger, happier woman, and is the most thoughtful husband I could have picked. On top of that, his love, and expression of that love, for Laney (and Caroline, already) is humbling and brings me to tears most days. He has a rare fear of God that gives me no choice but to follow him with joy. He's just a great guy in so many ways, and I want other people to know and appreciate what I see in him :)


Also this month, we're finally finishing up our kitchen. If you'll remember, we started this summer when we found a leak under the sink. one thing led to another and our insurance paid for the entire cost of new cabinets and counter tops. As I type, we have a great "tile guy" who's putting in flooring and backsplash. We'll have a finished kitchen when everyone comes for Thanksgiving, enshallah!

Lots of changes will hopefully be happening in December, also. We'll get to meet Caroline, and Laney will be turning 18 months (a year and a half for normal-people counting). Here are some pictures of Laney's cuteness:

No comments:

Post a Comment